mandag 21. november 2016

Battle Report # 7 Rahn 1 vs Captain Bartolo Montador 1

Exordium

So we redeploy and start a new game. Two games in one, that's a great deal. My opponent is hungering for revenge. My opponent wanted if not to win, more experience against Rahn. And I for one, would like to get a few more games in. I guess you will eventually get better at seeing the angles with Rahn the more you play.


Lists



Retribution Army - 75 / 75 points

(Rahn 1) Adeptis Rahn [+26]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Chimera [8]
 - Discordia [18]
 - Sphinx [13]
 - Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker [4]
Mage Hunter Infiltrators (max) [13]
 - Eiryss, Mage Hunter Commander [6]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
House Shyeel Battle Mages [10]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
Arcanist Mechanik [2]
House Shyeel Magister [4]
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress [3]



Opponent

Mercenary Army - 75 / 75 points

(Montador 1) Captain Bartolo Montador [+26]
 - Mangler [15]
 - Nomad [11]
 - Nomad [11]
 - Nomad [11]
 - Talon [7]
 - Galleon [39]
Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor [5]
Gobber Tinker [2]

Pre Battle deployment and thoughts






We were playing the scenario, Outlast. We roll to se who goes first, my opponents wins the roll-off. Opts to go first, Im to lazy to move, so I pick the side I'm sitting at already. From previous experience I know for a fact that, when you get assassinated by Rahn. You play your second match against him super careful. Therefore Im sure this game will come down to attrition, or scenario. So I need to change my mind set, and start thinking scenario. My list isn't strong enough to beat down that much armor.


Round 1




My opponent runs everything up, trying to be out of push/pull range. Keeping Orin ridiculously far back. I was trying to set up some sort of tactics for killing Orin. But after my opponents placement of Orin, I just gave up. 


"This is the Rahn effect"


Again I feel safe when moving up my army. The infiltrators are in the way, so my jacks can't get pulled by Gallion. And his shooting is very limited. Rahn taking away the blast deviation, next to half of my army that is already immune to blast damage. I let Lanyssa run up fare to the right, still in the zone, if my opponent doesn't want me to score, he has to pay. And with the lack of infantry, one of his jacks have to run in. One of them running, is good for me.

Round 2



I'm not sure why my opponents opts to do his next move. And to be perfectly honest, I didn't see it coming. I feel that my opponent could have accomplished a lot more this turn, after seeing what he did.

Not being able to charge my Infiltrators, my opponent runs his Talon as close as he can, still within the range of Galleon. He fules his colossal and slams Talon over my infantry, aiming for Eiryss. Needless to say, she died. And that's okay, my problem was the battle mage, and two infiltrators that died with her. Looking at the bright side, non of my jacks got hurt. Tho Talon got slammed into the wall, and was knocked down with only a handful of boxes left.The rest of the turn my opponent shuffled around, and made sure he was ready for his next turn. And he feated!



I measured back and forward, there is not way I can place my Chimera in range of a telekinesis on his caster. But I could put some damage on him. Also I had to get rid of as many jacks as I could. This is how I see it, if I kill his colossal, he would kill both of my jacks with the rest of his jack. Putting them to close to Rahn, and the mages. If I kill his jacks, his colossal is going to kill my jacks. But that wins me a turn or two more. Pluss thats just one big jack! 

So I pull a few jacks back and forward. Making sure that my models did not move into my opponents feat range. Killing one Nomad, and hurting the Mangler badly. The rest of his jacks, get either pushed away, and turned around, or slammed far away. I'm making my opponent choose. Kill my jacks and give me two control points, or stop me from scoring.

After this turn I gain 1 control point.


Round 3


My opponent pulls my two jacks on, and start attacking them. Sadly for him, he rolls low. So both are fully operational. Also he has no way of stopping me to score in his turn. He runs back with hi sjacks, ready for next turn. Knowing that I cant possibly kill all of them. 

So I fuel up my jacks, and go for killing his colossal. After the dust had settled, his colossal was still healthy, and ready to kill my jacks. 
So miscalculating the damage output on my two jacks with 40 boxes isn't normally something I do. Trying to make amends I push my opponents jacks back as far as I could. Turn some of them around and leave the turn with 2 control points.

Round 4


My two jacks die by the hands of Galleon. The rest of the turn my opponent runs his jack's back into the game. Still holding Orin and his caster far in the back.




There isn't much to do as this point, I push his jacks out of the game again, make sure that Galleon is tied down at the best of my ability. Clear both zones, and score in one of them. I move my Chimera to the right zone up to engage one of the Nomads.
I score 3 control points.

Round 5


My opponent runs in to stop me from scoring. moves Galleon and kills my bouth Chimeras, still afraid of an assassination.

" The Rhan effect"

He is content with the turn, and passes it to me. 

I telekinesis Rahn as far up as I could, charged to jack, and toed the zone. Feat, telekinesis closest jack. and my opponent concede defeat. 


Retribution wins!!



Evaluation

Okay, as I stated to my opponent, his list were lacking units. Or volumes of shoots, attacks. Therefore my army is safe to we clash in the middle. And as long as my mages have low defence targets, and few model count, they will win the game for you. This gives me a few ideas to try out after this match. As always opponent took the defeat with a smile, and swore revenge! Thanks for hte game mate!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar